Raegan & Scott – Crafty, Witty, Hilarious Wedding with KNITTED flowers

Get ready for simply the most unique wedding I have ever shot.

Here’s what you need to know: They met working for Lover’s Lane Church in Dallas, TX and got married less than 6 months later. (Awesome.) They are both brilliantly sarcastic, witty, and amazing writers. If I had a copy of their vows, I’d post it. Hilarious and sweet simultaneously. Please try to read everything I posted and know that it was a tiny sampling. They must have written over a million words for this thing. The reception was a museum of their lives leading up to this point. Each table with a theme of some part that defines them. A childhood table, theatre table, san diego table, chik-fil-a table…etc. They really really love Chick-fil-A. They also really love Jesus and can somehow be superbly sarcastic one second and deeply spiritual the next. Later, history books will try to define them and how they do this effortlessly.

What’s with the blindfold, you ask? They did not want to see eachother beforehand but they did want to take pictures. So you will see a series of blindfolded photos, photos where there is something in between them, and some where he is just blatantly closing his eyes. It was such a creative challenge, and sometimes I would just freak out. “Ah!!! I’m so nervous you are going to open your eyes right now!!!!!Ahhhh!!”

My favorite part is the journal Raegan gave Scott. You need to know Raegan. I could write an entire post about how great she is. Her heart is SO beautiful, Raegan has been patiently single for a long time. Instead of being a desperate single, discouraged, cat lady, she has been keeping a journal to her future husband for over 8 years. Letters & prayers. She has been dedicated to Scott before she ever knew his name or what he looked like. Mind blown? Then she gave the journal to him on their wedding day and he had no knowledge of it beforehand. BOOM. That’s Raegan.

Jared testing to make sure they wouldn’t be able to see eachother.

Comments

comments

angie - January 5, 2012 - 1:20 pm

Holy Crap..I’m in love with this wedding! :)

Chelsea James Johnston - January 5, 2012 - 5:03 pm

Ugh. As always, SO amazing Katie. You’re my favorite. like, fur realz. So inspiring. You’re talent, is like… crazy.

(almost as good as my mad communication skillz.)

Kelsi - January 5, 2012 - 6:43 pm

This is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. I cried laughing! And I just straight up cried, too. How sweet!

Mitzi Branscum - January 5, 2012 - 7:04 pm

I don’t know these people from Adam, and I found myself laughing out loud and tearing up. In this time, when weddings and houses and material things are all about one-upping your neighbors and friends, what a refreshing change. It’s not about money spent, it’s about love!! Awesome.

Gina Gaskill - January 5, 2012 - 9:39 pm

I was there and I must say it was, without a doubt, one of the most amazingly creative (yet beautiful) weddings I’ve ever been to. I remained in awe the entire time I was there. Absolutely, a memory that will last me a lifetime :-)

Natarsha - January 6, 2012 - 9:08 pm

I wasn’t there but felt like I was…. the most beautiful and unique wedding… Hats off to the photographer your work is absolutely beautiful!!! Great job bride, groom AND photographer!

Tina Ross - January 24, 2012 - 8:40 pm

That is simply the most amazing and creative wedding that I have ever seen photos of. It was so warm and genuine. I loved that it was truly Regan and Scott’s wedding and no one elses. So sweet and real, I wish I was there!

Your email is never published or shared.

F a c e b o o k